In addition to having chosen one of seven karmic paths and seven dharmic directions prior to your birth (from my last two newsletters), you also chose one of the seven basic soul goals. You may have more than one goal, but one will be most important; the next, secondary in importance, and so on.
Whether you consciously realize it or not, karmically, you have definite life goal priorities. These goals all amount to karmic self-testing, with an overall goal of spiritual growth.
THE SEVEN GOALS
1. ATTAIN KNOWLEDGE: This means attain a particular area of knowledge which, when realized on a soul level, becomes wisdom. As an example, the desire for awareness could include one or more areas, such as direct knowledge of humility, devotion, sacrifice, selflessness, or perseverance.
2. OPEN SPIRITUALLY: This goal is to integrate spiritual awareness into your particular dharmic direction.
3. ACHIEVE INNER HARMONY: This goal amounts to attaining balance and peace of mind while fulfilling your particular dharmic duty.
4. ATTAIN FAME OR POWER: Both elements of this goal are karmic rewards and offer unique opportunities to test yourself, communicate awareness and exert leadership.
5. LEARN ACCEPTANCE: This goal can be summarized as an awareness of “what is, is,” for it is our resistance to what is that causes our suffering.
6. PROVIDE SUPPORT: This goal could range from the encouragement and support of another individual, to helping accomplish a jointly shared dharmic direction, to the support of an ideal, a philosophical or religious belief.
7. DEVELOP TALENT: Talents are developed over many lifetimes, so the goal could be in the beginning, intermediary or advanced stage of a creative pursuit.
SYNTHESIZING THE AWARENESS
While there are seven karmic paths to follow, you have the free will to expand your awareness and consciously choose a different path. Your dharmic directions and soul goals are your karmic destiny. And you have free will to fulfill your destiny or to avoid it.
For the first example, let’s look at the man destined to fulfill his dharma in government. He was born with a dharmic direction of GOVERNMENT with a soul goal of FAME OR POWER--a category which also includes leadership positions. This man has purposely chosen to walk the BALANCED karmic path as a result of a strong Christian upbringing. Needing a “electable” background, this also helps him to fulfill his long-term political ambitions.
As another example, let’s look at a famous singer who has been addicted to drugs for years. He earned the right in past lives to reincarnate with a soul goal of FAME OR POWER and a dharmic direction of CREATIVITY. In his earlier years, he was following the INTERMEDIARY karmic path, but because of his drug addiction, is now on the BEGINNING path. This singer was given the opportunity to inspire and assist others in numerous ways but chose instead to bury himself in self-indulgence. His wife is an entirely different story. She is also a singer, but not as famous as her husband. She came into this life with a soul goal to PROVIDE SUPPORT, with a secondary goal of FAME OR POWER. Her dharmic direction is also CREATIVITY and she is currently following a BALANCED karmic path. This woman stood by her husband through his years of addiction and has finally assisted him to overcome his dependency.
Another case history: Jennie is married, has two children that are nearly grown, and sells real estate as a profession. Metaphysics is her primary interest in life and she is actively involved in a metaphysical organization. Her life revolves around her spiritual interests and she is on the HARMONIOUS karmic path. She was born with a WORKFORCE dharmic direction and a soul goal of ATTAINING KNOWLEDGE in the area of devotion. From outward appearances, Jennie is fulfilling her destiny and enjoying her life.
In another case, Matthew is a 32-year-old freelance screenwriter who lives alone in Venice, California. Although quite talented, he makes little money and experiences excessive frustration due to his unwillingness to accept the realities of his profession. Matthew is exploring an INTERMEDIARY karmic path and he came into this life with CREATIVITY as his dharmic direction. His soul goal is to LEARN ACCEPTANCE. Although he doesn’t realize it consciously, he is teaching himself to accept “what is” and all that it means.
Karie is a welfare worker in her early forties and has been divorced three times. Her divorces and the inequality and injustice she experiences in her daily work have caused Karie to look for deeper meaning in life. As a result, she walks a BALANCED karmic path and is aware that she incarnated with a dharmic direction of SERVICE. Her primary soul goal is to ACHIEVE INNER HARMONY. From a higher perspective, she desires to learn to accept all the joy and love that life has to offer while at the same time learning to allow the negativity to flow through her without affecting her.
I’m sure you’re getting the picture as to how the seven karmic paths, seven dharmic directions and seven soul goals all interrelate as a blueprint of your general life destiny.
So the question is, WHY ARE YOU HERE?